Unrivalled lateral flow expertise to give you a competitive edge
For over 25 years BBI Solutions has been a trusted OEM partner for the development and manufacture of lateral flow assays.
Our highly skilled and knowledgeable team have many years of experience developing high-quality lateral flow assays for our global customers. Our lateral flow development expertise is paired with our market-leading gold nanoparticle technology (or detector label of your choice) to deliver an assay to meet your market requirements.
Whether you require the complete outsourced service or just one aspect of our service, we offer a partnership approach which allows you to work with one company to reach your assay goals. We can provide a customised package accommodating most applications or budgets, creating a robust and reproducible test ready for the global market. Using high-quality raw materials, we’ll rapidly take your assay from concept to creation, supporting you through every step of development and manufacture.
Partnering to achieve your assay goals
Our unique combination of custom antibody development, lateral flow assay development, manufacturing services and smartphone reader technology is shaping the future of lateral flow.
Our partnership approach allows you to work with one company to reach your assay goals.
BBI Solutions is proud of its collaborative approach to lateral flow development. Each customer has a dedicated Business Development Manager and team of scientists to deliver the project, as well as support for the wider operational organisation to ensure the delivery of an assay that meets the customer’s requirements.
Our development process
BBI Solutions offer a comprehensive step-by-step approach to assay development (Detailed in diagram below). For customers looking for complete customisable assay development, a typical programme will typically take 12 to 15 months (assay specific) and follows our robust development pathway with clear go/no go milestones between phases.
When goals change during a development, planning and communication allow BBI Solutions to be agile in making decisions and change the pathway for a project to be kept on track, meet new goals and get the right result quicker
Typical Project Phases
Our Crumlin site is certified to ISO13485 and FDA registered, and we have experience of working on projects across a range of different end market regulatory requirements.
A dedicated team of scientists work exclusively on your assay to ensure rapid progress. At the end of the development cycle, we will hand over the design history file, so that you fully own your test.
A wealth of expertise
We have a wealth of expertise in the development of highly responsive point of care lateral flow assays, with over 250 successful projects to date.
- BBI Solutions are the market leaders in gold nanoparticles and conjugates and have experience of working with a range of other labels such as latex, paramagnetic and fluorescent nanoparticles.
- We utilise our own range of antibodies and antigens, or can source commercially or use those specified in a project brief.
- We have assay development experience across a wide range of end market applications including Human Clinical, Pharmaceutical/Companion Diagnostics, Toxicology, Agri-diagnostics, Food Safety, Veterinary and Defence markets.
- Within the human clinical IVD marketplace we have experience of working with multiple analytes including Covid-19, HcG, LH, HIV, TB, Flu A and B, Calprotectin, Legionella and Progesterone
- We have a wealth of reader experience from our own Novarum DX mobile diagnostic platform <link to Novarum page> to the leading brands of lab based lateral flow readers from Axxin, Qiagen and LRE, as well as working with our customers’ own reader designs.
- We have developed a large range of lateral flow assay from fully quantitative reader based assays to complex multiplex qualitative assays as well as the simplest two line qualitative assay.
Please contact our Customer Services Team directly to discuss your requirements on tel:+44 (0) 1495 363000 or alternatively you can submit an enquiry here.