Nanotechnology refers to science dedicated to materials having dimensions in the order of 100nm or less.
Gold nanoparticles are a suspension consisting of sub-micron gold nanoparticles suspended within a solvent, most often water. They have unique optical, electronic, and thermal properties and are used in a wide range of applications including diagnostics (lateral flow assays), microscopy and electronics.
Working to our customers’ requirements
At BBI we understand our customers have different requirements, so offer a range of gold nanoparticle sizes from 2nm to 250nm to cater to those needs, whatever the application.
Gold in rapid diagnostic tests
The quality and performance of a conjugate is critical to achieving consistent, accurate results in lateral flow tests. Gold nanoparticles offer excellent stability and sensitivity. As the demand for increased sensitivity grows, gold has become regarded as a reliable raw material to provide an accurate visual reading.
Good gold versus bad gold
BBI’s unique manufacturing technique allows for the production of large batches of gold to a high level of reproducibility of size, dispersion and shape. This ensures a firm foundation for conjugation and peace of mind that your rapid assay will provide reliable results.
This is not the case for all gold nanoparticles. Understand the advantages of using good gold. Take a look at our movie »
The BBI difference
Used in over 400 million assays every year, our gold manufacturing technique guarantees:
• Consistency – with <5% uneven shapes and a CV of <8%, the uniform shape and size of BBI gold ensures even antibody binding, giving reliable results in your assay
• High stability – 1 year shelf life ensures a settled test manufacturing regime saving you time and wastage
• Scalability – our batch sizes go up to 350L to ensure you have continuous supply
• Quality – BBI gold must pass strict quality procedures before it's released to our customers, guaranteeing impressive performance characteristics at scale
What our customers say
“The gold and conjugation processes at BBI are unrivaled – we found that BBI was the best that we could work with.”
Advantages of outsourcing
There are many hidden costs in producing gold nanoparticles and conjugates in house. By outsourcing manufacture to BBI, you can benefit from:
• More R&D time: valuable R&D time is freed up to concentrate on the development of your assay systems
• More tests per litre of gold: using BBI gold results in more tests per volume of conjugate, because consistent gold means less waste
• A faster route to market: using BBI gold you can avoid delays caused by using a poor, inconsistent gold label, and commercialise your assay faster
• Enhanced sensitivity: 25 years of experience and our proven track record in manufacturing gold nanoparticles will put you one step ahead of the competition
Find out how we can help your business, contact us »
Gold starter packs and GoldLink kits
Are you using gold for the first time, or trying a new process and are unsure of which gold nanoparticles size to purchase?
Our gold starter packs provide a range of particle sizes to allow a comprehensive evaluation, comprising 100ml each of a selection of our gold nanoparticles.
Find out which size is right for your assay, request a starter pack today »
Alternatively, our GoldLink™ kits are designed for early stage R&D, where you may need to quickly explore the viability of a range of antibodies, before the conjugate is optimised on a larger scale.
Screen your antibodies of choice in-house in a cost effective way, before using our custom conjugation service to progress your development.
Learn more about our GoldLink kits » or click Buy Now to view our entire nanoparticle range